Welcome to my latest creation, JYM Supplement Science. JYM combines real science with real ingredients to deliver unreal results. Pre JYM, my cutting-edge pre-workout product, is poised to revolutionize the pre-workout category.
Supplement companies love to claim they've created a real "game-changer." Pre JYM doesn't play that game. It doesn't need hype or flashy marketing. With 13 hand-picked ingredients included at full doses, Pre JYM is in a league of its own.
Put simply, Pre JYM is the most effective pre-workout supplement I've ever developed.* It's built on solid science, years of study, and decades of professional experience. Nothing is hidden, and there is no filler. Pre JYM is research made real.* It's pure pre-workout fuel.
The Power of Pre JYM
No Proprietary Blends
Look at the supplement facts panel on your favorite pre-workout product and you'll most likely see the term "proprietary blend." Supplement companies want you to think this means they've created a special blend of ingredients that magically work together to deliver unique results. Because this blend is so amazing, they have to keep the doses of each ingredient secret so no other company steals the formula.
The truth, however, is that propriety blends serve a different purpose. They allow supplement companies to hide how little of each ingredient they've actually put in a product. This results in cheap, underdosed, ineffective supplements.
Pre JYM doesn't use proprietary blends. Take a look at its supplement facts pane and you'll see the actual doses of all 13 ingredients. I have nothing to hide. I'm proud of the amount of each and every ingredient I've included. Together, those 13 ingredients in those exact doses are the closest thing to a magical formula that you're going to find.
For the reasons detailed above, many supplement companies are moving toward transparency and axing proprietary blends. That's a good thing. However, these companies are still guilty of grossly underdosing ingredients.
Take citrulline malate, for example. The research on this potent amino acid shows that you need 6 grams per dose. Most pre-workout products leave out citrulline entirely, and none of them provide anywhere close to 6 grams. Until now.
No "Abbreviated" Formulas
A handful of companies are as fed up as I am with proprietary blends and underdosed formulas, but they fall short by using "abbreviated" formulas. An abbreviated formula is one that uses proper dosing of all ingredients, but only includes a few ingredients.
Take, for example, a pre-workout formula that includes beta-alanine, creatine, caffeine, and tyrosine. There's nothing wrong with it, but it could be made a lot more effective through the addition of ingredients like citrulline malate, betaine, and BCAAs, to name just a few. Why would companies not create the most robust formula possible? Because adding more ingredients costs too much money.
Pre JYM includes 13 ingredients that work in concert to prime the body for intense workouts, making it the most complete pre-workout supplement available.*
Many companies also try to trick buyers by calling their pre-workout product "concentrated." A serving of one of these "concentrated" products can contain as few as 3 to 6 grams of powder. What kind of magic did they use to cram enough creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline, arginine, caffeine, and other ingredients into that tiny dose? They didn't use any magic, which is why all of those "concentrated" formulas also include proprietary blends. That's also why the serving size of Pre JYM is more than 26 grams. It contains 13 ingredients at proper, powerful doses.
JS, Not BS
I've been studying supplement science in the lab and gym for decades. I've been delivering supplement advice to millions of people in the pages of Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, and Muscle & Fitness Hers, as well as here on Bodybuilding.com and my own website, JimStoppani.com, for over a decade.
Most importantly, I've been training since I was 11 years old. Before each of my workouts, I would draw on all of my experience and all of my education to concoct my own pre-workout supplement, combining ingredients from 13 different bottles and tubs.
That's why I developed Pre JYM. I wanted to give my friends, colleagues, all of you, and myself the ability to access, in one bottle, the best ingredients in the exact doses suggested to help build lean muscle, assist in weight management, improve strength, and support speed.*
Prepare to experience the power of real science, real ingredients, and unreal results.
Hit the JYM!
Jim Stoppani, PhD
JYM Supplement Science
Pre JYM Features
- Full doses of 13 science-backed ingredients.
- 6 grams of citrulline malate to promote better muscle endurance and bigger muscle pumps.*
- 6 grams of BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio best for blunting muscle fatigue, boosting muscle performance, and promoting muscle growth.*
- 2 grams of creatine HCL for greater strength, endurance, and the promotion of muscle growth.*
- 2 grams of CarnoSyn® beta-alanine to promote muscle power, strength, endurance, and muscle growth.*
- 1.5 grams of betaine for greater power and strength during workouts.*
- 600 milligrams of N-acetyl L-cysteine to blunt muscle fatigue and keep you training stronger, longer.*
- 500 milligrams of betavulgaris L.(beet) extract to provide real nitric oxide donors for bigger pumps and better energy.*
- 300 milligrams of caffeine to boost alertness and drive, increase muscle strength and endurance, during workouts for greater training intensity.*
- 300 milligrams of Alpha-GPC for better drive, focus, and strength in the gym.*
- 50 micrograms of huperzine A to increase mental focus and establish a stronger mind-muscle connection.*
- 5 milligrams of BioPerine® to enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Pre JYM for even better results.*
Under the Microscope
Let's take a closer look at each of the 13 ingredients and doses used to make Pre JYM such a pre-workout powerhouse.
6g of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- The BCAAs are three amino acids —leucine, isoleucine, and valine—that share a common structure.
- Unlike other aminos, BCAAs are used directly by the muscles as an energy source.*
- Leucine is the most critical because it supports muscle protein synthesis (i.e., muscle growth).*
- Valine supports the blunting of fatigue, allowing you to work out longer.*
- The optimal ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine in a pre-workout product is 2:1:1, exactly the ratio in Pre JYM
6g of Citrulline Malate
- Citrulline malate is composed of the amino acid citrulline attached to malic acid (malate).
- In the body, citrulline is readily converted to arginine, and then to nitric oxide (NO).
- Research suggests that citrulline increases arginine and NO levels in the body better than arginine itself.*
- Arginine undergoes excessive breakdown by the intestines and liver. Citrulline does not, so whatever you consume is readily absorbed and put to use.*
- Citrulline malate is also an energy booster backed by research.* One study reported that subjects consuming 6 grams of citrulline malate for 15 days experienced a 35% increase in ATP (energy) production during exercise and a 20% increase in phosphocreatine recovery between bouts of exercise.*
- Research also suggests that subjects supplementing with citrulline malate before a chest workout could complete at least one to two more reps on most sets compared to subjects taking a placebo.*
2g of Creatine HCL
- There are hundreds of studies suggesting that creatine supplementation supports significant gains in muscle strength and power, as well as muscle growth.*
- Creatine HCL is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCL) group to creatine.
- Adding the hydrochloride group lowers the pH of creatine, making it more acidic. This drastically increases its solubility in fluids, which increases absorption of the creatine and prevents any stomach issues.*
- Research suggests that when subjects consume the same amount of creatine HCL and creatine monohydrate, the creatine HCL is absorbed by the intestines about 60% better than creatine monohydrate.* This means you can take a much smaller dose of creatine HCL to get similar results.
2g of CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
- Beta-alanine is taken up by muscle fibers and combines with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine.
- Research suggests that carnosine supports increases in strength and power, improves endurance and recovery, and even supports weight management and muscle growth.*
- One study suggested that four weeks of beta-alanine supplementation in boxers increased their average punching power in the last 10 seconds of a round by 2,000 percent more than those taking a placebo.* Being able to maintain punching power late in the round is similar to maintaining more strength and power later in your workouts, meaning you can lift more weight for more reps.*
500mg of Beta Vulgaris L. (Beet) Extract
- Consuming beets (beta vulgaris), either by eating the whole beet, drinking beet juice or taking a beet extract, as in Pre JYM, has been suggested in numerous studies to enhance exercise performance.*
- The performance benefits of beet extract include greater exercise endurance, greater power output, and less fatigue.*
- This means that during a typical weightlifting workout, it could improve your strength, allow you to complete more reps with a given weight, and allow you to better maintain rep ranges and strength toward the end of the workout.*
1.5g of Betaine
- Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine (TMG), is a modified version of the amino acid glycine.
- Betaine supplementation has been suggested to increase nitric oxide (NO) levels and regulate cellular fluid volume, which could further promote muscle pumps and overall muscle size.*
- Betaine supplementation has been suggested in clinical studies to improve muscle strength and power production, increase the number of reps done with a given weight, and improve endurance.*
- University of Connecticut researchers reported that supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice per day for two weeks increased bench press power by 20 percent and muscle force on the bench press by 25 percent.*
- Betaine has also been suggested to significantly increase protein synthesis following workouts as compared to a placebo.*
300mg of Alpha-Glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC)
- Alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline (alpha-GPC) is a naturally occurring phospholipid compound that plays a critical role in the way the brain, nervous system, and muscles function.*
- Alpha-GPC supports brain function and mood, promotes improved reaction time, and helps support focus and the mind-muscle connection during workouts.*
- When combined with caffeine, L-tyrosine, and huperzine A (all found in Pre JYM), alpha-GPC delivers clean mental stimulation and focus that last throughout workouts.*
- Research suggests that, by increasing levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, alpha-GPC also supports muscle strength, power, and endurance.*
600mg of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)
- NAC is the amino acid cysteine with an acetyl group attached to it. The acetyl group makes it more stable and allows the body to absorb and use it better than plain cysteine.*
- NAC is a powerful fatigue fighter that promotes energy production during exercise.*
- New research suggests that NAC works by preventing the disruption of the sodium-potassium pumps in muscle cells, delaying fatigue and maintaining muscle strength and endurance.*
- Research from the University of Kentucky Medical Center reported that subjects were able to perform strength exercises for 30 percent longer when they supplemented with NAC before exercise.*
50mcg of Huperzine A
- This extract from club moss is a potent brain booster that may promote mental focus and support mood.*
- Huperzine A helps maintain optimal levels of acetylcholine, which is very helpful for brain and muscle function.*
- Combining it with alpha-GPC optimizes the effect, resulting in enhanced drive and focus in the gym, as well as increased muscle strength and endurance.*
300mg of Caffeine
- Research confirms that caffeine can immediately increase muscle strength, improve muscle endurance, and decrease muscle fatigue during workouts, which allows you to take your training intensity to a higher level.*
- Caffeine is also suggested to be a nitric oxide (NO) booster. One study in the American Journal of Cardiology reported that healthy young men taking 300 mg of caffeine experienced an increase in NO levels and an increase in blood flow to muscles.*
5mg of BioPerine®
- BioPerine® is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper, or long pepper, that contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5 mg dose of BioPerine® is taken with other supplements, it increases the absorption of those supplements by 30 to 2,000 percent.*
1.5g of L-Tyrosine
- This amino acid supports alertness, mental focus, mood, and energy during intense exercise, especially when combined with caffeine.*
1g of Taurine
- Taurine is a specialized amino acid that is important for endurance and muscle strength. It can also increase nitric oxide (NO) production.*
- Exercise depletes taurine levels, thereby impairing strength and endurance, so it's helpful to get a dose of taurine before every workout.*